bfw is vdsl2 ready  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 3.xhelp discussions in English.

bfw is vdsl2 ready

Mensagempor etelts » Qui Jul 03, 2014 8:32 am

Hi to all,

in my country, local telecom has initiate to switch from adsl2+ to vdsl2 ... I don't like the idea of use telecom router, I will would like continue to use my bfw.

Is possibile use a "vdsl2 router" as bridge and the bfw to connect to the network (vdsl2 use pppoe ?) ?

Thank in advance, Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Re: bfw is vdsl2 ready

Mensagempor Lenobare » Qui Jul 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Good night .. Emiolio

Not sure I understand right, but you want to link your new default data VDSL2 doing pro BFW bridge right?
This is only a form of Bfw receive a data link and it works perfectly.
The problem will not be there, but in your provider, usually because they "block" the way "bridge" access by own VDSL modem. Here in Brazil the operator GVT does well but we found out how to unlock it in any VDSL modem provided here. Of course the carrier does not accept but decided to work destaq same way.
If in your country the carrier does not "close" your modem, it will work normally and with a good configuration of your BrazilFW.

Good luck.

Em Português:
Boa noite Emiolio..

Não sei se entendi direito, mas você quer seu novo link de dados padrão VDSL2 fazendo ponte pro BFW certo?
Isto é apenas uma forma do Bfw receber um link de dados e funciona perfeitamente.
O Problema não vai estar ai, mas sim, em seu provedor, pois gerelmante eles "bloqueiam" a forma "ponte" de acesso pelo próprio modem Vdsl. Aqui no Brasil a operadora GVT o faz assim mas já descobrimos a forma de desbloquear isto em qualquer modem VDSL fornecido por aqui. Claro que a operadora não aceita mas resolvemos trabalhar assim mesmo.
Se em seu pais a operadora não "fechar" seu modem, tudo vai funcionar normalmente e com uma boa configuração de seu Brazilfw.

Boa sorte.

Estude, estude e... continue estudando.
Lenobare
BFW Full Associate
BFW Beneméritos
BFW Manager
BFW Moderator
BFW HaarpCache
BFW Squid 3.5.x

BrazilFW Box: Maquina: Fisica
CPU:Xeon HP ML30
Memória 8GB - 2Links
BFW 3.0.262 64 Bits
HD 300GB 15k,
Serviços Ativos: Control Mac, VPN, Squid (Cache),
Addons: Haro, Whatchdog. Squid 3.5.27, Lognet e Samba.

Mensagempor etelts » Sex Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

thank for the answer !

I don't know if in Italy Telecom Italia close the modem, but is higtly probable.

I have not a big knowledge on the VDSL2: I know that the connection between the switch central and the dslam is made in optical fiber and the dslam is put near the home in the switch box and the connection is made on old short copper line between the switch box and the user home.

I don't know what is the modulation techniques and the protocols used, and I don't know how is possible "close" the modem linking it to the carrier ...

I was thinking that, as for adsl, if you have a modem (buyed in a shop, not the original one by the telco) and know the connections parameter (un and passwd), you can configure the modem as bridge (RFC 1483) and use BFW for the connections ... but I don't know if this is praticable and if the connection protocol in VDS2 is pppoe or other ....

Can you clarify this to me ?

Thank again,

Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Mensagempor Lenobare » Dom Jul 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Your service provider will certainly "limit" the features of the modem. Here in Brazil, already bypassed it but not for europe know if it is still feasible to work with the VDSL2 bridge likely to have proprietary firmware.
Anyway if no possibilitade to work on bridge, work on routed same pattern as the bfw usually accept this communication.
Estude, estude e... continue estudando.
Lenobare
BFW Full Associate
BFW Beneméritos
BFW Manager
BFW Moderator
BFW HaarpCache
BFW Squid 3.5.x

BrazilFW Box: Maquina: Fisica
CPU:Xeon HP ML30
Memória 8GB - 2Links
BFW 3.0.262 64 Bits
HD 300GB 15k,
Serviços Ativos: Control Mac, VPN, Squid (Cache),
Addons: Haro, Whatchdog. Squid 3.5.27, Lognet e Samba.

Mensagempor etelts » Seg Jul 07, 2014 5:22 am

ok, Thank for the info ...

I will investigate ... is an important question because VDSL2 is the standard for the next years ....

Yes, I can use bfw after carrier router, but is not the same because I have not the full control of the link (for example for debug of the connession, when the carrier tell me that is all ok, but the connession go up and down because the copper line is bad ...).

Thank you again,

Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Voltar para BrazilFW 3.x - English Forum