auto-update opendns [SOLVED] [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

auto-update opendns [SOLVED]

Mensagempor videojohnh » Qui Dez 18, 2008 10:25 am

Is there a way to auto-update OpenDNS when the WAN IP address changes?
videojohnh

Re: auto-update opendns

Mensagempor bobbb » Qui Dez 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Yes there is a field labeled Check IP Update Periodically ? and/or Check Interval in the webadmin Dynamic IP Update Configuration panel and a field for the interval in seconds.
bobbb

Mensagempor videojohnh » Qua Dez 31, 2008 7:34 pm

How does BFW send the current WAN dynamic IP address to OpenDNS with my account name and password? Can one of the existing update entries be modified to send to OpenDNS?
videojohnh

Mensagempor bobbb » Qua Dez 31, 2008 9:12 pm

One of the entries is already setup for openDNS. I have used it before for a client. There should be a menu item installed in Webadmin when you load the addon. Click it and it will give you all the options you need to do it. eg: userid password and domain name.
bobbb

Mensagempor videojohnh » Dom Jan 04, 2009 8:56 am

I see 4 options, dyndns, no-ip, dynserv, and zoneedit. No opendns option. Is there an updated module, and where do i find it?
videojohnh

Mensagempor bobbb » Dom Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm

OUCH! You are so correct. I mistook DynDNS for openDNS.
I was wondering: "Why can't he see it".
Response: Because it is not there. :)

I have that info in front of me now. Let's see what I can whip up.

In the script /ipupdate/dyndns near line 35 there is this:
Código: Selecionar todos
  echo -e "GET /nic/update?system=$DYNDNS_SYSTEM&hostname=$DYNDNS_DOMAIN HTTP/1.1\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/4.0\r\nHost: members.dyndns.org\r\nAuthorization: Basic $USUARIO\r\n\r\n" | nc  members.dyndns.org 8245 > /var/log/dyndns.txt

Make it look like this:
  echo -e "GET /nic/update?&hostname=$DYNDNS_DOMAIN&myip=$CURRENT&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=NOCHG&backmx=NOCHG HTTP/1.1\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/4.0\r\nHost: updates.dnsomatic.com\r\nAuthorization: Basic $USUARIO\r\n\r\n" | nc  updates.dnsomatic.com 80 > /var/log/dyndns.txt

Select DynDNS, fill in userid, password, and the domain name you use. Now give it a try.

If that works we will see about updating ipupdate to include this option. R.S.V.P. if it does.

N.B. That code above is all on 1 line. (but then you knew that).
bobbb

Mensagempor mrgreen » Qua Jan 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Ok, so I have wished that I could update my OpenDNS (or preferably DNS-O-Matic) account for a long time, and reading this thread inspired me to figure it out. I modified ipupdate to add a DNS-O-MATIC section at the bottom, and edited all necessary files to make it work just like the rest of the dynamic IP services in ipupdate. Now BrazilFW is happily sending my updated IP to DNS-O-Matic, which then updates my OpenDNS and three DynDNS accounts. I'd be happy to send my modified ipupdate.tgz to be the next revision of this useful add-on.
mrgreen

Mensagempor bobbb » Qua Jan 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Bottom line: Did I get it right? I was doing it blind just from the documentation.
bobbb

Mensagempor mrgreen » Qua Jan 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Very close... I hardcoded the hostname parameter as 'all.dnsomatic.com' since it is not used by DNS-O-MATIC and that is the hostname they say to use if your client updater insists on using one. Interestingly, although they say you don't have to supply a hostname, if you don't you get a nohost error back. Also, I changed the tail command to pick up the last row instead of the 3rd-last since that is where DNS-O-MATIC puts the result line. Also modified other files as needed

Here's a link (anonymous FTP) to my updated version of ipupdate.tgz so you can see all my changes.
**************** Link removed by Sysadmin. See bottom of thread.
mrgreen

Mensagempor mrgreen » Qua Jan 07, 2009 10:34 pm

PS... the beauty of using DNS-O-MATIC for the OpenDNS update is that they also support many different dynamic DNS services, and allow updates to multiple hostnames for each service. As I write this they are supporting 28 different dynamic DNS services in addition to OpenDNS itself.
mrgreen

Mensagempor Marcelo - Brazil » Sex Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Bob,
This issue may be usefull to upgrade or update the main system ?
( i guess, one more new option)
BFW não é meu hobby, é meu router !
Não dou suporte.

"Nem sim, nem não, mas muito pelo contrário, não sou contra nem à favor,
porque em matéria de certas coisas o mais importante é o principalmente,
aliás inclusive, não resta a menor dúvida".
De algum politico brasileiro...
Marcelo - Brazil
BFW Founder
BFW Manager
BFW Beneméritos

BrazilFW Box: Hp Proliant ML30 Gen 9, Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v5 3,0 Ghz, 8 Gb ram DDR4, 1 Tb HD, Links 120x12 mb/s cabo + 100x100 mb/s fibra. Addon: Unifi, 50 clientes lan + 50 cliente wireless.

Mensagempor mrgreen » Sex Jan 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Marcelo - Brazil escreveu:Bob,
This issue may be usefull to upgrade or update the main system ?
( i guess, one more new option)

Hi Marcelo, for now, feel free to download my modified version of ipupdate from the link above. It just adds DNS-O-Matic to the bottom of the ipupdate configuration screen. I'm using it right now to keep several of my dynamic DNS services up to date, including OpenDNS.
mrgreen

Re: auto-update opendns [SOLVED]

Mensagempor bobbb » Qua Mar 11, 2009 8:17 pm

This change has been integrated into the ipupdate.tgz package.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=68173
bobbb

Mensagempor mrgreen » Qua Mar 11, 2009 8:33 pm

bobbb escreveu:This change has been integrated into the ipupdate.tgz package.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=68173

Great Bob... it's been working perfectly for me for the past month. Now that it's been integrated I will remove my version from my FTP, so the link I posted above will no longer work.
mrgreen

Mensagempor ThiagoLG » Qua Ago 05, 2009 11:09 am

English (Google Translator)
Hello everyone, as I needed to implement the self-DNSOMATIC to update my ip on OpenDNS and since it can use the rules of blockade of their service, I used the tip of the bobbb friend and modify the add-on to fit my needs . I saw that there was a link above for more security reason I think the moderators removed. So I decided to post IPUPDATE modified version of the DNSOMATIC.

What modified: /ipupdate/dyndns

On line:
echo -e "GET /nic/update?system=$DYNDNS_SYSTEM&hostname=$DYNDNS_DOMAIN HTTP/1.1\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/4.0\r\nHost: members.dyndns.org\r\nAuthorization: Basic $USUARIO\r\n\r\n" | nc  members.dyndns.org 8245 > /var/log/dyndns.txt

Changed to:
echo -e "GET /nic/update?&hostname=$DYNDNS_DOMAIN&myip=$CURRENT&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=NOCHG&backmx=NOCHG HTTP/1.1\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/4.0\r\nHost: updates.dnsomatic.com\r\nAuthorization: Basic $USUARIO\r\n\r\n" | nc  updates.dnsomatic.com 80 > /var/log/dyndns.txt

On line:
RESPONSE=`tail -n 3 /var/log/dyndns.txt | head -n 1`

Changed to:
RESPONSE=`tail -n 1 /var/log/dyndns.txt | head -n 1`

How to use:
In: IP Update Check periodically? Check Yes
In: Update DynDNS? Check Yes
In: DynDNS System, Mark DynDNS
In: Your Domain, use: all.dnsomatic.com (Always use this domain is the pattern you receive answers to dnsomatic, if you put another will not work!)
In: User Name, enter in your User DNSOMATIC
In: Password, enter your password

Download addon link: http://www.thiagomedeiros.com/ipupdate.tgz

============================================================================================

PT-BR

Olá a todos, como eu precisava implementar o DNSOMATIC para auto-atualizar o meu ip no OpenDNS e a partir disso conseguir utilizar as regras de bloqueio do serviço deles, utilizei a dica do amigo bobbb e modifiquei o add-on para se adequar as minhas necessidades. Eu vi que existia um link acima mais por motivo de segurança acho que os moderadores removeram. Então resolvi postar a versão do IPUPDATE modificado para o DNSOMATIC.

O que modifiquei: /ipupdate/dyndns

Na linha:

Mudei para:

Na linha:
RESPONSE=`tail -n 3 /var/log/dyndns.txt | head -n 1`

Mudei para:
RESPONSE=`tail -n 1 /var/log/dyndns.txt | head -n 1`

Como utilizar:
Em: Check IP Update Periodically ? Marque Yes
Em: Update DYNDNS ? Marque Yes
Em: Dyndns System, Marque Dyndns
Em: Your Domain, use: all.dnsomatic.com (Sempre use esse domínio é o padrão pra receber respostas para o dnsomatic, se você colocar outro não irá funcionar!)
Em: User Name, insira seu usuario no DNSOMATIC
Em: Password, insira sua senha

Para baixar o addon use o link: http://www.thiagomedeiros.com/ipupdate.tgz
ThiagoLG

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum