floating point error compiling any packet in buildroot  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

floating point error compiling any packet in buildroot

Mensagempor etelts » Qua Set 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi to all.

I have some routers version 2.26 that i don't want update (for some reasons that are more complex to explain here).

I would like update dropbear fm 0.45 to 0.53.1 (or latest version 2013.58 .. the problem is the same) becuase, as I have explained in another post, the new openSSH client have some problem to connect to SSH server un BFW (or, better, the old dropbear package have some problem, as described here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openssh/dev/52934).

With the buildroot I tried to compile the new version of dropbear .. all good (none problem with the 0.53.1, some warning with the 2013.58).
In the build root if I try run it after compiled with the command ./dropbearmulti (from the source directory) tha packet working (maybe ... i read the version and the info that tell me to make the link).

But if I include the new packet in the working bfw, when I try to run it I get the error: floating point exception and nothing also.

UPDATE 09,15,2013

The problem maybe is more big about I have declared in begin ....

Initialy I thinking that this problem was only related to DROPBEAR package and to builtree 2.27, but successive investigations revealed that the problem is the same also with buildtree 2.32.2 and ANY program compiled with it.

I have compiled wol 0.7.1 with the 2.32.2 buildtree installed on a vmware image of mandrake 9.2: in buildtree all working fine: no error during compilation and starting wol with mac addres of another pc (real not virtual) on my network, it switch on without problem, but when i copied the wol packet just compiled from builtree in a working router 2.32.2 on a vmware image, the same packet give me the same error: Segmentation fault.

There are some one that can help me ? Where is the error ? What I do bad ?

Thank in advance,

Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Re: floating point error compiling any packet in buildroot

Mensagempor etelts » Qui Set 19, 2013 3:28 pm

I am very impressed for the big quantity of reply to this post ... realy very very impressed !!

In any case .... RESOLVED.

The problem was the kernel used in the development system (the system where is installed the build tree)

You cannot use any system without regard of the kernel of the system hosting the build tree ...

I have resolved installing an old slackware 11 and upgrading the system kernel to the same version of the bfw (2.4.36.2).

Now all working fine.

Some notes about the development system Slackware 11.

You need to download the installation dvd (is more simple way to install ... no many floppy and if you want to use with vmware, it is possible use directly the .iso file without need to make a dvd).

Install a clean system without x and without any server. The only server that i have installed is the sshd for connect from my pc on port 22 and the vsftpd for transfer file from and to my pc to my development system (housing on a vmware image).

After installed the base system, install:

glibc-2.3.6-i486-6.tgz
ncurses-5.5-i486-1.tgz
tcl-8.4.13-i486-2.tgz

download the kernel from kernel.org and compiling it (and the modules) and installing it.

Maybe you must download also the packet for uncompress .bz2 file ...

At this point download the buildtree and untar it.

I have found some error regarding some paths in the setdevel.sh and in the setdevel-script (in /etc on the buildtree) ... but is simple to correct all.

This is all ...

Thank very much ...

Emilio
Trieste - ITALY
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum