pppoe daemon error bad tcp checksum  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

pppoe daemon error bad tcp checksum

Mensagempor etelts » Qui Fev 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi, sometime I read on log of my bfw this:

daemon.err pppoe[675]: Bad TCP checksum

I use an old version 2.26 (but for my use is good).

Is related to adsl connection or is a pppoe daemon problem ?

Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Re: pppoe daemon error bad tcp checksum

Mensagempor Asimov » Qui Fev 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi.

Take a look on this:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1340597

and this:
http://wl500g.info/archive/index.php/t-419.html

dunno the answer to your question, I hope this help.
Asimov

Mensagempor etelts » Sex Fev 03, 2012 9:06 am

Thank you for your fast answer !!

I read all ref. you passed me ... but I confess that I have not undestand much ...

The first one refer to CLAMPMSS=no in ifcfg-ppp0 ... I would like to try it, but in the bfw I don't know where to put this !!!

I have also another question (related to this topic but not only) about iptables and networking and my modem.

Obviously I have the modem connect to adsl by line connector and to the bfw by lan connector.

The IP of the modem lan port is in 192.168.0.x network and bfw apply the NAT on 10.x.x.x net.

From my 10.x.x.x net I cannot view the web server of the modem and cannot read nothing about adsl statistic.

How I can route the modem web server (only, not all 192.168.0.x net) to my net 10.x.x.x ?

If I route the 192.168.0.x net to 10.x.x.x net I open a secure breach ?

Emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Mensagempor Asimov » Sex Fev 03, 2012 2:22 pm

etelts escreveu:Thank you for your fast answer !!

I read all ref. you passed me ... but I confess that I have not undestand much ...

The first one refer to CLAMPMSS=no in ifcfg-ppp0 ... I would like to try it, but in the bfw I don't know where to put this !!!

Hi, I really don't know, perhaps you can try grep -R "CLAMPMSS" /etc/ to find the file where that variable is. Sorry I don't have a BFW 2.x installed I cannot try it my self.

etelts escreveu:I have also another question (related to this topic but not only) about iptables and networking and my modem.

Obviously I have the modem connect to adsl by line connector and to the bfw by lan connector.

The IP of the modem lan port is in 192.168.0.x network and bfw apply the NAT on 10.x.x.x net.

From my 10.x.x.x net I cannot view the web server of the modem and cannot read nothing about adsl statistic.

How I can route the modem web server (only, not all 192.168.0.x net) to my net 10.x.x.x ?

If I route the 192.168.0.x net to 10.x.x.x net I open a secure breach ?

Well it depends on how permissive your modem's WAN configuration is.

Here is a tutorial to access to the modem's webadmin behind BFW: http://www.brazilfw.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=62559, is in portuguese but if you need help don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards.
Asimov

Mensagempor etelts » Sáb Fev 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Thank again ... I have applied what is suggested in the tutorial that you have suggested me ... now I can view the modem on the 192 net from my 10 net ... very very well !!!

The command grep -R give me an error (mybe busibox not support all switch of the command ...) but I will investigate and if I will found the solution I replay again for other that can be have the same problem.

About the tutorial ... no problem, google help ;-)

Best regards,

emilio
etelts
BFW Novice

BrazilFW Box:

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum