bfw 2.32.2 load balance  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

bfw 2.32.2 load balance

Mensagempor lolex » Seg Jan 02, 2012 9:33 am

Hello,
Can somebody answer me what is better to use for load balance: bfw 2.31.10 or bfw 2.32.2 ?
I have 2 internet links : first pppoe and the second Ip static.
I see in bfw 2.32.2 the configuration screen is changed versus bfw 2.31.10 but no tutorial .
I see porta, destino, origem in portugues and no explanation. What is the philosophy, somebody knows?
Thanks for help
lolex

Re: bfw 2.32.2 load balance

Mensagempor ghost » Seg Jan 02, 2012 10:37 am

Hi,
The versions bfw 2.31.10 or bfw 2.32.2 are the same, version 2.32.2 have some bug fix but nothing really big. You cant use pppoe in loadbalance, if you need that take a look for version 3.

Saludos :o!
ghost
BFW Beneméritos

Localização: Tierras Asperas de Zona Sur, Buenos Aires, Argentina
BrazilFW Box: No en uso actualmente

Mensagempor lolex » Seg Jan 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks for response,
If both Internet links are static how to use load balance in bfw 2.32.2 :
porta, destino, origem, there is no explanation
Thanks
lolex

Mensagempor Lelouch » Seg Jan 02, 2012 2:58 pm

lolex escreveu:Thanks for response,
If both Internet links are static how to use load balance in bfw 2.32.2 :
porta, destino, origem, there is no explanation
Thanks

Hello,

First go to Internet Configuration from left menu.
Internet Connection Configuration set it to "STATIC"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First Internet Link
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Internet Network Device -> eth1 (input the eth# device of one internet link. (99% chance you need use 'eth1' for this value.))
Primary IP Address --------> 10.1.1.2 (a valid IP of your first link to internet)
and Netmask -----------------> 255.X.X.X (a valid Netmask to work with your first link to internet)
Secondary IP Address (Leave blank)
and Netmask (Leave blank)
Tertiary IP Address (Leave blank)
and Netmask (Leave blank)
Default Gateway -> 10.1.1.1 (a valid gateway to work with your first link to internet)
Fake MAC address to be used (Leave Blank)
Use this option only if your ISP requires you use a specific MAC.
Second Internet Link
Internet Network Device -> eth2 (input the eth# device of the 2nd internet link. (99% chance you need use 'eth2' for this value.))
Primary IP Address --------> 85.0.0.2 (a valid IP of your first link to internet)
Netmask -----------------------> 255.X.X.X (a valid Netmask to work with your 2nd link to internet)
and Default Gateway -----> 85.0.0.1 (a valid gateway to work with your 2nd link to internet)
DNS
1st DNS Server -> 200.X.X.X
2nd DNS Server -> 200.X.X.X
CARE: All DNS Servers that you set to work with LoadBalancing, must be valid for all links configured at the same time, if you want, you can use a global DNS service provided for (ie.) OpenDNS or Google.

Then, go to "Load Balance Configuration"
Enable Load Balance -> 'Yes'
IP PING: Any IP with good up time. (ie.: 74.125.229.###, this IP is an IP of a one google.com
First Internet Link -> Wan1 (for the link configured on eth1) ----------------------------- Second Internet Link -> Wan2 (for the link configured on eth2)
Weight for 1st link --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Weight for 2nd link
CARE: Weight is NOT an speed value.
Weight is a relation between the speed of the links, for example:
I must set it to wight for 1st link to '4' and the weight for the 2nd link to '1'.
This is because the first link that I have is over 8000k, and the second link is over 2000k
the relation is 4:1 (8000:2000).

Porta
Is usted to select an specific internet connection to work only with an specific port (this is very useful when a client visit any web page of a bank or other sites that use ssl or any other service that dont accept two ips from the same client.
The common way is lave this the ports 443 (tcp) and 53(udp) to work with only one internet

Código: Selecionar todos
Active       LINK        Protocol     StartingPortNumber       EndingPortNumber
Yes           LB2             tcp               443                     443
Yes           LB2            udp                53                      53

*In this example the ports 443 and 53 will work only with the second internet link (LB2)

Destino
Do the same of "porta" but using a "destination" ip.

Origem
Do the same of "destination" but using your local IPs. This feature is useful if you want that a determinated client (IP adress or an entire subnet) of your network works only with an specific internet link.

Control Actions: [ New Port | New Net | New dest | Edit Conf. File | Reload ]
Use New Port to add a new "Porta" rule.
Use New Net to add a new "Origem" rule.
Use New dest to add a new "Destino" rule.

I hope that I have answered your question.

Cya!

Lelouch
GNU/Linux addict, instead of Linux addict.
Sou, machigatteita no wa ore ja nai! Sekai no hou da!...
Sekai wa kawaru! Kaerareru...

Hangyaku no Rurūshu...

New scheme: BFW3(LB) - BFW3BridgeCache - ArgentoBridgeQoS
Lelouch
BFW Beneméritos

BrazilFW Box: BrazilFW: RAM 3GB, ATHLON X2 5600+, HDD 160GB+120GB, LB: 2Mb+8Mb.
BFW3 BuildTree on GNU/Linux Archlinux 64 bits.

Mensagempor lolex » Seg Jan 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Many, many thanks
You clarified me many things. Load balance works for me now with 2 static internet links!

Only not clarified are : "destino" and "origem"
I found a tutorial in portugaese, http://www.brazilfw.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=78625
where is write : "Ok, configuramos as portas para a saída nos 2 links, agora vamos configurar os destinos de cada link.
1- Primeiro você irá clicar em “new dest”, logo em seguida irá colocar o ip que você colocou lá na “configuração de internet”, os ips para a eth0 e eth1. Primeiro o LB1 e em seguida o LB2, e a mascara /24 ou /29 isso irá depender qual foi a máscara configurada para a sua faixa de ip no roteador."

I read and reread some posts I found in a topic :

"chicaomagalhaes »Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:22 am
right was not you take your doubts on the topic of a colleague, but come on ... the destination IP is the ip that you are using to access the Internet, and IP Source is nothing more than the gateway of the links, or IP routers."

it is right this or I don't understand? the "origem" is mandatory?
You write me this:

"
Destino
Do the same of "porta" but using a "destination" ip.

Origem
Do the same of "destination" but using your local IPs. This feature is useful if you want that a determinated client (IP adress or an entire subnet) of your network works only with an specific internet link.
"

Mucios gracias amigo!
lolek
lolex

Mensagempor Lelouch » Seg Jan 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Note that "destino" and "origem" are optional features of loadbalancing, if you dont need use that features you don't need configure it. LoadBalancing work without set up this features.

Destino:
You must use it only if you want assing only one internet link to a specific URL (in IP format), for example:
69.93.101.77 -> IP of one server of Unreal Tournament Game.

If many clients/users in your network play that game and you want that all connections to that Unreal Tournament Server will be established using always the same internet link you can use that feature to do it. You can select that all traffic with destination to "69.93.101.77" work only with LB1 or LB2, in case that the link specified get down, this rule begin to be ignored, and when the link get up again the rule is applied (in this way, don't worry if one of your internet Links get down, load balancing feature will be use the "up" link to work with all connections)

Origem:
You must use it only if you want assign only one internet link to an specific IP or SubNet of your network, for example:

All users described below download big files all day, and I need one Internet link empty to get a good experience for web navigation.

IP1:192.168.0.3/24
IP2:192.168.0.4/24
IP3:192.168.0.5/24
and IP4:192.168.5.0/24
IPs 1,2 and 3 are Clients (users) of my network, IP4 is an entire subnet.

If you have a client (IP) or many clients (subnet) in your network and they using all your bandwidth to download big files all day, you can "enclose" that clients to work only with one internet link (ie.: LB2 or the LB# link with less bandwidth), all connections from each IPs or subnets that you set up using the "Origem" feature will be stablished using only the LB# defined.

Sorry for my bad English, I dislike use translators, and my real level is not good :S.

Hangyaku no Rurūshu...

Lelouch
BFW Beneméritos

Mensagempor lolex » Qua Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for your information and time spent for me.
I have reinstalled bfw 2.31.10 on my machine with loadbalance.check in cron and I see it works well.
bfw is in test now.
My english is also poor...excuse me
Lolek
lolex

Mensagempor Lelouch » Qua Jan 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello,

Dont worry, but if you get answered to your cuestions in this post, please turn it post as "solved". Near to every reply in this post you can see a button with an icon similar to the letter "V" in the rigthtop, use it to close your post.

Hangyaku no Rurūshu...

Lelouch
BFW Beneméritos

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum