How do i save firewall rules from the command prompt?  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

How do i save firewall rules from the command prompt?

Mensagempor billperrotta » Ter Jul 05, 2011 11:23 am

Last Nite I enabled Mac filtering and blocked all unspecified Mac addresses from connecting to my router.
Weird thing happened and I got a bunch of errors saying it couldn't find most of the addresses and locked me out.
I usually use the webmin but because I was locked out I connected directly to the terminal.
I could get to my firewall rules and insert new ones but could not save the configuration.
I tried the alt+h for help. But didn't understand the directions. Is it that it uses emacs? I am familiar with vi.
I don't know how to get to command mode. I was trying to input ^q ^S. Whatever commands the help file said to use to save it but to no avail.
Luckilly I saw the mac address on my laptop was in the file. So after fighting with it for over an hour I disconnected the router from all connections and got back into
the webmin with my laptop when the laptop was connected to the lan port by itself. I then put the mac addresses for all my other devices in and saved them one at a time.
I was then finally able to get everything back up and running. Would still be useful to know how to edit and save commands at the command line
in case I ever get locked out again. :?:
billperrotta

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum