Ftp file download problem  [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

Ftp file download problem

Mensagempor gyulchin » Seg Nov 15, 2010 6:09 am

I can not download a file from BrazilFW 2.31.10 router running Pure-FTP server while have no problem with other ftp sites. It had happened a couple of weeks ago - before that all worked fine. A client system is Windows 7: I can browse an ftp catalog, upload or delete a file but can not download it, at that there is no problem on other client computers running WinXP. Tried to switch of Windows Firewall, use different ftp clients but no result.
gyulchin

Re: Ftp file download problem

Mensagempor dingoland » Seg Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi,

Maybe not linked to BFW but to the Win 7 restriction policies.
Can you tell me the error message you have when trying to download the file ?
Do you tried copy/paste function ?

Saludos
dingoland

Mensagempor gyulchin » Seg Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi,

Perhaps, it is do related to Windows 7 update changes because Windows XP computers have no problem. When I try to copy a file in Windows 7 there is no error messages just nothing happens - say, in Mozilla "Loading..." message hangs
gyulchin

Mensagempor gyulchin » Seg Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm

In details, the ftp client is MAC-Mini running Windows 7 as a second OS. Tried to download today a file using MAC OS as ftp client with the same result, so it seems I have a hardware problem.
Thanks for reply.
gyulchin

Mensagempor dingoland » Ter Nov 16, 2010 6:30 am

"Mozilla" , means Filezilla ?
If not, did you tried with Filezilla ?

Else try with IE7 or IE8 and also with Windows explorer directly.
And you can see the logs of the ftp in the BFW to see what is causing this hang ;-)

Regards
dingoland

Mensagempor gyulchin » Ter Nov 16, 2010 6:20 pm

I tried different ftp clients and browsers including Internet Explorer 8 with the same result - upon selected file downloading nothing happens just something like "sand box".
Here is a BFW ftp related log:

Nov 16 22:20:10 NFMGR ftp.info pure-ftpd: (?@ppp91-79-122-160.pppoe.mtu-net.ru) [INFO] New connection from ppp91-79-122-160.pppoe.mtu-net.ru
Nov 16 22:20:10 NFMGR ftp.info pure-ftpd: (?@ppp91-79-122-160.pppoe.mtu-net.ru) [INFO] moscowgroup is now logged in
Nov 16 22:43:23 NFMGR ftp.info pure-ftpd: (moscowgroup @ppp91-79-122-160.pppoe.mtu-net.ru) [INFO] Transfer aborted
Nov 16 22:43:23 NFMGR ftp.info pure-ftpd: (moscowgroup @ppp91-79-122-160.pppoe.mtu-net.ru) [INFO] Logout.

It is not clear why there is no problem with other ftp sites but only with BFW pure-ftp server - what is the reason...
gyulchin

Mensagempor dingoland » Qua Nov 17, 2010 6:40 am

Hi,

Are you in passive mode on IE ?
If active mode, change mode to passive.
Do you have a port forwarding on the 21 on BFW box ?

Regards
dingoland

Mensagempor gyulchin » Qua Nov 17, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,

I use passive mode to connect and forwarding to 21 port in BFW. Besides, I had no problem a couple of weeks ago and did not change any connect settings.

Regards
gyulchin

Mensagempor dingoland » Qua Nov 17, 2010 11:00 am

Did you tried active mode ?
Did you tried to restart ftp service ?
You mean that you have a port forwarding for ftp port in the BFW box ?
Not needed i think if you are using ftp server on BFW itself and better to avoid conflict.
Sorry, no more idea :-(

Regards
dingoland

Mensagempor gyulchin » Qua Nov 17, 2010 12:41 pm

To be correct, port 21 is just open for ftp, no redirect. I have tried active mode as well and of course, restarted not only ftp server but router itself.
Yesterday I found that remote terminal is also not accessible (using putty): login / password are passed and result is the same - no aswer after that...
gyulchin

Mensagempor gyulchin » Qua Nov 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Solved!
Experimenting with file size I found that problem concerned with MTU, adjusted it size on my client PC and all works now - both ftp and putty.
Thanks for support.

Regards
gyulchin

Mensagempor dingoland » Qui Nov 18, 2010 6:31 am

Great,

It is more psychological support than real support from me :-P
You found the problem alone ;-)

Regards
dingoland

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum