How to re-create a boot floppy disk [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

How to re-create a boot floppy disk

Mensagempor marktaskco » Qui Out 21, 2010 6:34 am

Dear All :

My system is BrazilFW 2.3.0 and my floppy disk seems to go wrong. Can I re-create a boot floppy disk without re-install the BrazilFW?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards,
Mark
marktaskco

Re: How to re-create a boot floppy disk

Mensagempor annsshine » Seg Out 25, 2010 4:17 am

Create the floppy even if you use the HD install. Floppies sometimes will not work on the target machine and sometimes you will get an error complaining about a wrong volume or some error. Click Try Again. Try to format the floppy again. If you get any bytes in bad sectors use another floppy. Use a DOS box because formatting from the Windows desktop does not show you bad sectors if any.Now recreate this floppy and boot from it. It will format and prepare the hard disk for subsequent booting and then ask for the floppy created.
annsshine

Mensagempor marktaskco » Seg Out 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Dear annsshine :

Thanks for your answer. Since I'm a new user, I want to confirm your meaning. Should I format a floppy under the windows DOS mode & insert it into floppy drive and then re-boot the brazilFW server? Does it automatically copy the data & create a new boot floppy disk?

Thanks again.

Mark
marktaskco

Mensagempor gamba47 » Ter Out 26, 2010 8:09 am

If you want create a image of your actual BrazilFW running configuration you should copy al info alocated on "/etc/coyote/" and paste on your new formated disk.

Please explain what you wanna do.

Best regards. gamba47
gamba47
BFW Beneméritos

BrazilFW Box: Pentium4 1256mb RAM HD 200gb
BrazilFW 3.0.237 without Squid
3 ADSLs & 1 Cablemodem
50 Users & more!

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum