run BF from CD [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

run BF from CD

Mensagempor St_Pablo » Qui Dez 17, 2009 9:52 am

Hi!
Is it posible to run BF from CD?
PC w/o floppy/hdd/usb/flash-drive, CD-drive only. >|
St_Pablo

Re: run BF from CD

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Sex Dez 18, 2009 4:45 am

St_Pablo escreveu:Hi!
Is it posible to run BF from CD?
PC w/o floppy/hdd/usb/flash-drive, CD-drive only. >|

It's possible, BUT is NOT recomended, because you can't customize with addons like as argentoQoS, Squid, Sarg, becasue addons requires partitions to be installed.

At this moment I'm testing Using BrazilFW 2.31 on Virtual Machine w/o HDD, BrazilFW installation was finished w/o problems, but remember u can't save your changes, and when u reboot your BrazilFW Router you lost all changes.

BR
RubenRmz
rubenrmz

Mensagempor St_Pablo » Seg Dez 21, 2009 3:59 am

I wish to preinstall BF on hdd or flash and burn this one to CD. Is it possible? Can BF to be loaded from CD and rreade config from CD? In case to change config I'll burne new CD.
St_Pablo

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 3:49 am

macbab escreveu:Interesante, ese igualmente seria un BFW bastante limitado , sin posibilidad de
dns cache , proxys , squid ni nada que requiera almacenamiento dinamico
de contenido . Tampoco logueo de monitoreo de ancho de banda .
No seria un poco mejor si en vez de cd se pensara en un usb que si bien no serviria para
squid , permitiria todo lo otro ??

Saludos
Marcelo

Using Google to translate to English Version--

macbab escreveu:That's Interesting, this also would be a rather limited BFW without the possibility of dns cache, proxy, squid or anything that requires dynamic storage content. Neither logging monitoring bandwidth.
It would be a little better if instead of CD was thought a usb that while it would not serve squid, everything else would?

Greetings
Marcelo
Editado pela última vez por rubenrmz em Ter Dez 22, 2009 4:46 am, em um total de 1 vez.
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 4:45 am

jhonfw escreveu:
In case to change config I'll burne new CD.

en ese caso
deberia usar un programa de esos para editar isos
para que el cd continue booteable
quita los archivos de brazil
y coloca los nuevos archivos de brazil que saco del disco duro
esto en teoria funcionaria
sin embargo hay una parte en el boteo que detecta desde donde se esta instalando
y di es del cd aparece el instalador lo que podria ser un problema por lo que e habria que buscarla y cambiarla
lo que hay que hacer es como dice la nike just do it
por supuesto que como dice arriba esto quedaria read only

--Translated Google Version modified by me --

jhonfw escreveu:
in that case you should use a program to edit these isos, to continue bootable CD: you must remove the BrazilFW files and places the new files that you have in the brazil hard disk. In theory must be functional, however, there is a party to the boot that detects where you are installing and if it appears the installer CD that could be a problem, and should therefore be sought and change what needs to be done is like Nike says just do it for granted that as stated above this would be read only
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 4:54 am

jhonfw escreveu:y se me olvidaba para almacenamiento dinamico solo tendria que modificar el brazil para que crear mas ramdriver si es que tiene mas ram
y dejaralas montadas en /partition

--- The translated Google Version, modified by me --

jhonfw escreveu:I forgot to mention that for dynamic storage, you would simply change the brazil to create more ramdrive if you have more RAM Memory and let them mounted in /partition
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 5:06 am

FelixXx escreveu:pero digamos es cierto que no se podria usar hd cache en squid pero se podria usar algo de memoria, y logs no los podria enviar al hd de alguna pc cliente? (digamos con samba o via mail? y como se accede a los archivos del brazil para copiar digamos /mnt/*.tgz?

That's the google translation---

FelixXx escreveu:but say it is true that no one could use squid cache HDD but could use some memory, and the logs could not be sent to any client PC disk? (eg using Samba or via mail? and how they access the files to copy brazil? say /mnt/ *.tgz
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 5:16 am

macbab escreveu:Me encanta la idea de correrlo todo en ram y hacer un ram disk mas grande,
pero nos retrotrae a las limitaciones severas del coyote, cuando reinicias perdes todo.
Y con tantos addons ahora es necesario reiniciar cada vez mas. Los logs y la info mas
sintetica se las podemos pasar a otra maquina como dice Felixx pero, me asusta un poco
pensar que cada vez que uno suma una nueva regla o una tabla de direcciones a filtrar
hay que quemar un cd nuevo. Me parece que es un poco incomodo.

Marcelo

---Tranlated Google Version, with little changes by me..

macbab escreveu:I like the idea of running everything in RAM and make a larger RAMdisk, but goes back to the severe limitations of coyote (BrazilFW), when you reboot you lose everything. And with so many addons now need to reboot all the time. The logs and more information we can move to another machine as it says Felixx but a little scared I think that whenever you add a new rule or a table of addresses to be filtered is necessary to burn a new CD. I think it's a little uncomfortable.

Marcelo
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 5:32 am

krizar escreveu:mabien ha faltado hacer las preguntas corectas.

1.- porque deseas hacerlo asi

2.- cuantos equipos tendras en la red donde quieres el brazilfw

3.- que equipo y que ram tienes

se puede cargar en una usb y quisas (solo quisas) poder usar almacenamiento dinamico ya que exietn usb de 8 y 16 gb y una que otra que dice ser de 500gb, asi que pues si podrias usar una usb. acceso a otra maquina de la misma red, lo veo dificl y lento , ya que cuando estas navegando si estas usando cache de squid debe guardara la info de donde navegas , revisar las reglas y mandartela cuando sea pedida de nuevo , esto aria el proceso mas lento que solo navegar a internet por la informacion , eso en caso de cosas grandes. asi que yo no sugeriria hacer eso.

saludos. yo creo que si galara desde un cd si lo preparas bien (sin almacenamiento).

---Using Google Translator y little changes--

krizar escreveu:also has failed to do the right questions.

1 .- why you want to do this?

2 .- how many PCs to use the network where you want the BrazilFW?

3 .- what's the RAM Size that your computer has?

can be loaded into a usb and maybe (just maybe) you can use Dinamic Storage because there are USB Memory UP 8 and 16 GB and another which says it's 500GB, so if you could then use a usb. access to another machine on the same network, I see it hard and slow, because when these surfing if you are using squid cache should keep information about where you browse, review the rules and send it to you when prompted again, this aria the process more slower than just surf the Internet for information, that in case of big content. so I would not suggest doing that.

greetings. I think if it works from a CD if you prepare well (without storage)
rubenrmz

Mensagempor rubenrmz » Ter Dez 22, 2009 5:38 am

FelixXx escreveu:Yo no quiero hacerlo mi brazilfw anda bien (es mas ahora la pc se queda grande pasa que de algun modo se quemo el video onboard y tiene una geforce 5200 que se la sacaria con todo gusto XD ) pero como para probar el sistema en otra pc me parece una buena idea para probar hard que no sabes si es compatible con brazil o cosas asi es sabido que si necesitas squid y lo queres correr con ramdisk se necesitara por lo menos 1 gb de ram solo para unas pocas pc cliente.

--- Usnig Google to tranlate ...

FelixXx escreveu:I do not want my BrazilFW going well (.....) but to test the system on another PC seems like a good idea to test hardware that does not know if it is compatible with brazil or something like that you know if you need and want to run squid with ramdisk will need at least 1GB of RAM just for a few client PC.
rubenrmz

Mensagempor St_Pablo » Qui Abr 22, 2010 7:44 am

Thank you all. I´ve understood everything. !+
St_Pablo

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum