QOS and VOIP [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

QOS and VOIP

Mensagempor e_defranco » Qua Nov 18, 2009 9:51 am

I use a 2.26 bfw version (and, for the moment I don't want upgrade it) with QOS disabled.

Now, I would like to enable the QOS to improve my VOIP service (I have a ASTERISK with a SPA 3102 - 1 PSTN LINE - 4 VOIP account and some internal phone).

I read the QOS tutorial and this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56302&start=0&hilit=qos+sip.

I have enabled the Wondershaper script from QOS control page, but I seen that the script that the bfw use is more different of the script suggested in the post mentioned.

I am confused .... (that is the title of the post mentioned but is also my condition now)

What is the better approach ?

There are some person that can suggest me ??

Thank in advance,

Emilio
e_defranco

Re: QOS and VOIP

Mensagempor tlove1111 » Ter Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

I've enabled the QOS and its worked out well for me..
Best,
Taylor
Business VOIP and International Calling Provider
Editado pela última vez por tlove1111 em Qui Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm, em um total de 1 vez.
tlove1111

Mensagempor e_defranco » Ter Mar 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Thank you for your replay.

Have you activated the QOS with the orginal Wondershaper script or with the scritp mentioned in the post ?

thank in advance,

Emilio
e_defranco

Mensagempor YanKessler » Sáb Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Phone ServicevoipHome Voip I have enabled the Wondershaper script from QOS control page, but I seen that the script that the bfw use is more different of the script suggested in the post mentioned.

I am confused .... (that is the title of the post mentioned but is also my condition now)

Curious why you don't want to upgrade===I think you will find your script problem will resolve and it is easier to troubleshoot with latest version.
Editado pela última vez por YanKessler em Sex Abr 23, 2010 9:29 am, em um total de 2 vezes.
YanKessler

Mensagempor e_defranco » Dom Mar 28, 2010 10:43 am

I have a gold rule: when all working fine .... don't touch ;-)

Upgrade my BFW is not simple ... I use it as a vm in a VMware system, and the BFW is a floppy img that i use as the floppy of the vm ...

For upgrade it, I must create a new floppy on another pc and after I must create a new floppy image and put it on the vmware pc ...

Or, alternatively,install it on a virtual disk ....

Ok, in the next month, maybe, I will upgrade to last version ... :D

E.
e_defranco

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum