Some LAN station have unexpectable low connectivity [SOLVED] [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

Some LAN station have unexpectable low connectivity [SOLVED]

Mensagempor filo » Qua Dez 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Hello,
I would like to ask you for advice. Sorry about my english and linux skills, I will try to explain my problem in the best way I can.
Situation:
- Compaq Deskpro Cel 667, 512MB RAM
- BFW 2.30.1
- connectivity (3500/1024kpbs) shared by 8 people.
- QoS : applied to one station by subnetting (reason is described below)

Yesterday one colleague (lets call him X) ask me why internet connection is very slow for last 5 days (approx 30-40kpbs).
I'm checking quality of connectivity from my PC and always everything looks fine. For sure I've checked that on PC of another colleague and looks fine too.
But there was 2-3 people on our LAN which has the same problem as my colleague X.
We have one guy in our LAN who (probably) do massive download from torrents and that's why I have restricted his connectivity by QoS-subnetting to 1000/300kpbs max. I'm watching into Putty, this really works, there is enough (approx. 2500kpbs) "range" for us and I;m able to download files by this speed.
I have never any problems with connectivity on my PC, but these 3 persons mentioned above have had and I don't know why I'm OK, one my colleague are OK too and next 3 has a supressed connectivity. :-( Anyway, problem has disappeared after restart of BFW, but this is only a temporary solution.

I haven't too much experiencies with Linux so I appreciate any advice which helps me to find out a reason why it was happened. Why

Thanks!
filo

Re: Some LAN station have unexpectable low connectivity [SOLVED]

Mensagempor filo » Ter Dez 23, 2008 2:35 pm

It was my mistake, applying QoS by subnetting for IP's was a wrong way.
I have established QoS manual class config and everything works fine.
filo

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum