a dchub 4 brazilfw .... [INACTIVE]

BrazilFW 2.xhelp discussions in English.

a dchub 4 brazilfw ....

Mensagempor Sinclaire » Ter Mar 14, 2006 7:03 pm

hey guys , why u dont make a dchub addon for brazilfw , or a low-space textbased dchub addon ? or , please , explain me how to create addons for brazilfw or how to convert a normal program into brazilfw addon ???, or i dont know ... i realy need a dchub because i dont want to put another station separatley just for dchub ....
Sinclaire

Mensagempor Claudio » Ter Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm

Sorry.
This is not the propose of BrazilFW.
You should not install this kind of program on your firewall.
Não dou suporte via mensagem privada e e-mail.
Por favor, não insista.
Claudio
BFW Founder
BFW Beneméritos

BrazilFW Box:

Mensagempor Sinclaire » Ter Mar 14, 2006 7:27 pm

yes , i know is not a good thing , but i need dchub in a 15 PCs network , there is not a problem .... i just need to know how to compile / make / convert a linux program into a brazilfw addon ...
Sinclaire

Mensagempor Claudio » Ter Mar 14, 2006 7:39 pm

Download the Build Tree available at our downloads section.
Install it on a full linux distro.
The Build Tree has anything you need to compile a "BrazilFW compatible" binary.
Não dou suporte via mensagem privada e e-mail.
Por favor, não insista.
Claudio
BFW Founder
BFW Beneméritos

BrazilFW Box:

Mensagempor Sinclaire » Ter Mar 14, 2006 7:52 pm

ok , thanks for help !
Sinclaire

Mensagempor Robin_SA » Qua Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm

Sinclaire escreveu:ok , thanks for help !

please post your results.
Robin_SA

Mensagempor xxxloud » Dom Mar 26, 2006 7:08 am

Cred ca ar trebui sa facem o sectiune in romana pe acest forum....vad ca ne-am adunat destui pe aici....:)...
xxxloud

Mensagempor Robin_SA » Dom Mar 26, 2006 5:00 pm

xxxloud escreveu:Cred ca ar trebui sa facem o sectiune in romana pe acest forum....vad ca ne-am adunat destui pe aici....:)...

viewtopic.php?t=54895
Robin_SA

Re: a dchub 4 brazilfw ....

Mensagempor radu_culcea » Qui Fev 26, 2009 9:02 am

si ati reusit? a compilat cineva? dancing daca a reusit careva va rugam sa dati si la astia care nu stiu :o!

have anyone made it? does anyone have a dchub addon for brazilfw? developers, please, please help us! >|
radu_culcea

Mensagempor bobbb » Qui Fev 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Look at this post by Claudio drom 2006. It looks pretty clear
Sorry.
This is not the propose of BrazilFW.
You should not install this kind of program on your firewall.

And another response of the same type:
Let me say this again. This is BrazilFW Firewall and Router.

Its job is to protect the perimeter of your LAN like a security team you hire to protect your property. This is the only job it (they) should do. This ia not a utility machine to run all kinds of applications on.

Scenario: (to the security team) "Hey guys, the day is slow; would you mind delivering the mail. Oh, and file these documents in the cabinets and ...do the dishes too and mop the floors." In the meantime someone is jumping the fence in the back of the property but your guy does not have his eyes on the cameras or is outside the room puting fiolders in the cabinet.

Anything else you add to your security system that is not related to security is somethiing that can be compromised. The last thing you want is a comproised security system.

You want a utility machine, build a Ubuntu or Suse or whatever flavour of Linux you like.

The solution is to build a Ubuntu server and install this then do the proper forwarding to it. Problem solved.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/dchub/

http://opendchub.sourceforge.net/

http://www.ubuntu.com/
bobbb

Mensagempor radu_culcea » Qui Fev 26, 2009 2:07 pm

I understand this situation very well, but it makes no sense to do a dedicated server for 3 lan users. electricity consumed in vain. if I had a bigger network, I certainly make a dedicated server, but in my case, and probably others this is not the option.

thanks for answering, and i still hope someone will do that addon an post it here, i would be greatfull for that!

best regards!
radu_culcea

Mensagempor bobbb » Qui Fev 26, 2009 2:22 pm

This sounds like file sharing to me. You will certainly not do chatting or private messaging. 3 people on a LAN?

Whatever OS you run should be able to do filesharing.
bobbb

Voltar para BrazilFW 2.x - English Forum