BrazilFW on Windows Hyper V [INACTIVE]

To discuss and report ONLY Bugs

BrazilFW on Windows Hyper V

Mensagempor dscoduc » Seg Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I can't seem to get the install disk to run under Windows Hyper V ^/ . The installation stops at the second line: Loading linux.............

Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Chris
dscoduc

Re: BrazilFW on Windows Hyper V

Mensagempor ERadix » Sex Jul 25, 2008 8:23 am

Hi,

The default install of Brazilfw will not boot in the Hyper-v Virtual environment. The install ISO works great but after installation the boot from HDD will fail when Loading Linux.......

I've got the BrazilFW running in Hyper-v.

You will have to upgrade the SYSLINUX (Bootloader for Linux) on the virtual Harddisk.

You can do this on the following method (this is not a step by step guide).

1. Install BrazilFW with the installation CD.
2. Download Windows98 Boot disk (Win98_bootdisk.iso) from http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/iso.html
3. Start the virtual machine and boot from the CD downloaded in step 2.
4. Download the latest ZIP version of SYSLINUX from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/ ( Version 3.70 worked for me)
5. Burn the files from the ZIP to a CD. ( The CD has to be burned to be compatible with older dos OS's)
6. Change virtual CD drive from the Windows 98 boot disk image to the physical drive containing SYSLINUX.
7. In the virtual machine on the DOS prompt type "Lock c:" and press Y to confirm that you want to lock the device
8. Now in the command prompt go to e:\dos and type "syslinux -sfram c:"
9. unmount all the physical CD drive and reboot the virtual machine.

For the Brazilfw router to work you would have to add Legacy Network Cards to your Virtual Machine.
ERadix

Mensagempor GuiCPD » Qui Mar 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Great!!

It works fine!

Thank you very much!
GuiCPD

Mensagempor lucasmr » Qui Set 02, 2010 9:15 pm

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
It Works!! Thanks
lucasmr