Need general help about development for brazil [INACTIVE]

Here we discuss compilation and how to build an addon for BFW.

Need general help about development for brazil

Mensagempor Algirdas » Sex Set 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Hy,

I am windows software developer that tries to do something with linux:)) Development for linux is still mystery for me and I want to clear it. I tried to compile some programs for BrazilFW and faced lot off pitfalls. I have some very "green" questions and I hope somebody will help with their answers:

1. About linux compilation and installation process. Why we need to compile executables on each distribution and system individually. Why we can't compile one time and use in all distributions. It's because of optimization (processor type, etc.), different versions of executable format (ELF), kernel or libraries in distribution???
2. I compiled openVPN library on Fedora 7. When I moved openVPN binary to brazil, it even wasn't treated as executable. When I copied some native binaries from brazil to Fedora and tried to run them, I got some exception aka bad ELF format or something like that... Why it's happening???
3. How can I compile for brazil on some other distribution of linux???
4. How linker resolves references to shared libraries on brazil (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ldconfig, embedded reference to library (that can be seen using ldd))???

Maybe somebody can recommend tutorials that involves answers to similar questions.

Thanks indeed
Algirdas

Voltar para Add-On Factory